Calizo Keto Breakfast Skillet
About this Recipe
By: Linda Eads
This simple skillet dish is perfect for a brunch or light breakfast. It is Keto friendly and relatively low in carbs, at approximately 10.95 milligrams for a 275 calorie serving.
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 8-oz. bag radishes, rinsed, trimmed, and quartered
- ¼ C. red onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp. Calizo Italian Herbs Seasoning
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground chili powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¾ C. mini sweet peppers, diced (tri-color)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy
- 2 Tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
Step by Step Instructions
Melt one tablespoon butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Add the radishes, red onion, and Calizo Italian Herbs Seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the radishes start to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and the chopped peppers to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pepper softens, approximately 3-4 minutes.
Create four “wells” in the skillet by pushing the vegetables to the side with a spatula. Add an egg into each opening and reduce heat to medium low.
Cover and cook until the eggs are cooked through, approximately 3-5 minutes depending on desired level of doneness.
Remove from heat and crumble the crispy bacon on top of the skillet. Top with the fresh cilantro and serve immediately with the diced avocado and fresh lime wedges on the side.